Educating Young Students From The Inside Out

Educating Preschool students from the "Inside Out"

Friday, January 20, 2012

Listen, Listen, Listen


Have you heard that it has been snowing in Seattle,Washington since last Saturday, January14th?  The predictions were that this was going to be the worst storm in Seattle's history, and maybe if you are in cold home without power this evening, you may be thinking that the predication's were correct! I do hope this evening finds your family warm, safe and shielded from the natural elements.

Since all the local schools are closed,  I have been at home all week working on my student evaluations for our midterm at the Living Wisdom School. I have been missing my students this week, so I wrote to the parents for pictures of them in the snow.

How many joyful memories can you remember playing in the snow for days on end?  Do you remember possibly arriving home cold and wet? In the Northwest our snow consisted of mostly wet water and the clothing we had in the 60's, well it isn't anything like the children own now.  I have many memories of proceeding to hop in a hot bath and then my Mom would began to prepare hot tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Or how about hot chocolate with the small tiny marshmallows floating on the top? I know my mom made the best hot chocolate.

Then within an hour, I would change clothes that have been warmed up by the heater, and I was off out the door again. Children love the snow and the coldness doesn't seem to bother them. I wish, I could say that now about myself.

I love these memories of childhood. May all our children be blessed with rekindling memories of sledding with friends, sculpting snowmen, snowball gatherings and enjoying close family time in this truly magical moment with Divine Mother's snow.

Bath in her beauty and connect together with nature's divine rhythm that is calling us to listen to the deeper meaning of life in pure joy. 

Listen, Listen, Listen!

Let me know what you find out there?

Joy to you 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments. Thank you.